Permitting of OvoControl in Hawaii

Due to the abundance of threatened and endangered species, OvoControl use in Hawaii requires some additional steps.  These are outlined on the OvoControl P label as follows,

  • Prior to application, applicator must contact the Department of Land and Natural Resources and obtain a Wildlife Control Permit if one is required.
  • Do not apply in areas where nene goose (Nesochen sandvicensis), Hawaiian coot (Fulica alai), Hawaiian moorhen (Gallinula chloropus sandvicensis) and Hawaiian duck (Anas wyvilliana) are known to occupy or graze.
  • Users must notify the Pesticides Branch of the State of Hawaii Department of Agriculture, in writing prior to use. Two weeks advance notice must be given to allow time for consultation with Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

At least two weeks prior to the time of intended application, please contact the Pesticides Branch at the Hawaii Department of Agriculture.  The contact at HDOA is as follows,

Christina Bauske
Pesticides Branch
1428 S. King Street
Honolulu, HI 96814
Phone: 808-973-9415


Prior to the application of OvoControl P, the applicator must also contact the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife to obtain a Wildlife Control Permit, (WCP – Attachment A) if one is required.  Contacts for HDLNR Divison of Forestry and Wildlife are as follows,

Oahu Branch Manager

Jason Misaki
2135 Makiki Heights Drive
Honolulu , Hawaii 96822
phone (808) 973-9786
Cell (808) 295-5896
fax (808) 973-9781 

Kauai Branch Manager

3060 Eiwa Street ,
Room 306,
Lihue , Hawaii 96766
phone (808) 274-3433
fax (808) 274-3438

Maui Branch Manager (including Molokai, Lanai, and Kahoolawe)

54 South High Street
Room 101
Wailuku , Hawaii 96793
phone (808) 984-8100
fax (808) 984-8111

Hawaii Branch Manager

19 East Kawili Street
Hilo , Hawaii 96720
phone (808) 974-4221
fax (808) 974-4226