The large Moultrie feeder pictured to the right has a default factory setting as follows,
6 second feeding cycle = 1 pound (16 ounces) of bait
Quarterly calibration of the feeder is recommended to ensure that the appropriate quantity of bait is dispensed with each feeding cycle.
Adjust the feeding cycle duration to increase or decrease the quantity of bait released.
USE SAFETY GLASSES when operating or testing feeder
To calibrate the feeder,
- Install battery and set correct time,
- Set the number one (1) feeding event for six (6) seconds,
- Prepare to run number one (1) test cycle.
- Trigger number one (1) test cycle by pressing and holding the “SET” button while the “RUN TIME SECONDS” is displayed,
- Timer will count down to zero and then trigger the feeder for a 6 second test cycle,
- Collect bait with a bucket.
- Transfer bait to a small pail or bowl,
- Confirm net weight on a kitchen scale,
- Adjust feeder timer for the number of birds at the treatment site.
Example Bait Calculations
Example 1 – 150 birds
- 6 seconds measures 16 ounces of bait
- Each second is equivalent to 2.7 ounces
- Apply 16 ounces of OvoControl for 80 birds/day
- 150 birds/80 = 1.875lbs or 30 ounces of bait
- 30/2.7 = 11.1 (11) seconds on the clock
Example 2 – 100 birds
- 6 seconds measures 14 ounces of bait
- Each second is equivalent to 2.3 ounces
- 100/80 = 1.25lbs or 20 ounces of bait
- 20/2.3 = 8.7 (9) seconds on the clock
Example 3 – 40 birds
- 6 seconds measures 18 ounces of bait
- Each second is equivalent to 3 ounces of bait
- 40/80 = 0.5lbs or 8 ounces of bait
- 8/3 = 2.7 (3) seconds on the clock
For more information, please give us a call us at 858.759.8012 or visit the web site www.ovocontrol.com.